Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Foundation pour begins

I left our rental house at 6:30 this morning and when I got to our home site the concrete pumper was in place and the crew of 10 was already hard at work.

The ReadyMix trucks were ready and waiting and the pour began with boom lights on.  The pour started with concrete directed to the floor beam areas and once these were filled they moved back to begin filling the floor slab area.


I was amazed at how quickly concrete could be pumped into place and also how quickly the concrete crew could deal with it! 


At one point there were 5 concrete trucks on site, two pumping, once waiting along side and 2 on the street waiting to get in.


In no time at all the home foundation forms were full of concrete and the crew was hard at work leveling and smoothing.  That was a sight to see as well.  I drove into town to pick up some food for the crew (a mixed variety of burritos, 21 total, from Marys Tacos).  I also picked up a case of drinks and when I got back to the job site at about 1015 the guys were ready for a feeding frenzy.



House slab

I left for awhile to talk with the HVAC contractor and when I got back at 1200 the pumper was gone, concrete was done and the guys were doing some cleanup ahead of rain showers that were moving into the area.  

Garage slab


Before I knew what had happened the guys pulled out and then a very nice gentle rain started falling.  Nice timing to keep the slab moist and cool it down some as the concrete cures.

It's 5:00 now and a light rain is still falling and the outside temp has dropped to 82 degrees.


1 comment:

  1. The end of one journey and the start of another. We wish you all the best in your new home.

    ReplyDelete