Sunday, December 29, 2019

Flying in Texas

It has been awhile since I posted anything so thought I should get this blog more up-to-date.

We've settled in and are still working on some landscaping projects, planting trees and believe it or not, still moving dirt!  I get a whole lot of help from Lewis thankfully.


Lesley started her dog training business last winter and has had a good steady list of clients.  I have wanted to fly a Gyrocopter since I was a teenager and several months ago I saw one fly over the house.  Turns out that one of Lesley's clients husband owns the Gyrocopter that I saw and I was able to beg a ride recently.

In early November I drove over to a ranch near Medina and met the Gyro owner Tom at the hanger where he keeps his Gyro.  There was another family there as well, going to also take a ride.  Here are some photos of one of the rides that day



Tom built the Gyro from a kit while he lived in Atlanta.

Here is a video link for one of the days takeoffs  TangoGyro Takeoff

The takeoff first involves a rotor spin up to about 200 RPM and then the takeoff roll.  Here on this field the roll is kind of  bumpy but not bad.  The engine on this Gyro is a 110HP Yamaha unit used on snowmobiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment